Solo-Communal Erotic Embodiment Practice
Jump to: Reflections from Participants
Interested in joining in on my Orgasmic Yoga circles? All ages (18+ please), genders, sexualities, and expressions are welcome!
Click here to apply.
Past Dates: January 8 & 22 | February 12 & 26 | March
12, 18*, 26 | April 1* | April 11 & 30 | May 13 | September 3 | October 15 | November 19
Upcoming Dates: December 17
Join the FB events: OYoga Dec17
- Address given following payment.
- A note on access: The space may have a flight of stairs with no access to an elevator. Please double check the notes in the Facebook event or get in touch if you have questions about this.
Safe Container (Boundaries, Limits, etc.)
- There is no touching of others (even if you’re attending with a partner)
- There is no eye gazing – a soft, appreciative gaze that does not linger is okay
- You may be as clothed or unclothed as you feel comfortable
- You participate as much or as little as you feel comfortable. Nothing is required so long as you keep within the boundaries, are respectful of the group and the space. If you simply wish to breathe, fully clothed that’s completely welcome.
- Please get in touch if you need more information or clarification.
Note: OY does not involve traditional yoga – but it does encourage the practices of conscious breath, movement, sound, touch, dance, and placement of attention and intentions.
In this class, the focus is not on specific yoga poses. Rather, we use breath, movement, sound, touch, placement of attention, and setting of intentions to weave into our self-pleasuring practices.
Connect to your solo-erotic practice in a loosely guided, communal space. Free from outside stimuli, like porn and fantasy (though we absolutely love those!), explore your body, sensation, and pleasure from head to toe with no rush or agenda. In this space, folks have connected to their bodies, pleasure, and eroticism outside of a reciprocal, partnered experience; following illness or surgery; and as they move through the processes of healing and/or aging.
“Orgasmic Yoga involves pleasurable, intimate and transformative practices that individuals, couples, and groups can do while sexually aroused. When practiced regularly over time, Orgasmic Yoga can change your life. The practice sessions involve breathing, savoring, sound, movement, touch, placement of attention, and awareness of intention. Orgasmic Yoga is practiced where you are —solo or with the companions you choose.
Erotic practice sessions weave together the heart and genitals. This alone is a profound reason to commit to practice. Orgasmic Yoga often produces a state of arousal that is free of fantasy, unfinished emotional business, religious dogma, cultural caveats and habitual sexual behaviors. In this erotic trance state, an individual becomes aware of the body as a source of wisdom, happiness and freedom.” — Orgasmic Yoga Institute
This is a very powerful ritual that can stir up quite a few emotions in the process. This event is restricted to a maximum of ~20 total participants because of space restrictions, and I want to be able to be there for you if things come up. It is a very loosely structured practice. After 45 minutes of Orgasmic Yoga practice there will be 5 minutes of silent savoring. Please keep in mind that Orgasmic Yoga is an individual experience in a communal erotic setting. You will be advised to not stare at each other, and not to keep eye contact. I will instead invite you to keep your eyes open in a soft gaze and breathe through any feelings that might come up.
The general agenda is:
DOORS LOCK AT 8:00pm
7:30 – 8:00 PM Arrival, chit chat, getting settled
8:00 – 8:20 PM Intros, boundary setting, creating the container, prepping the room
8:20 PM 45 min Orgasmic Yoga + 5 min silent savoring
9:10 PM Quick mini-share
9:10 – 9:15 PM Getting dressed, journaling if called to it
9:15 PM Time for processing, sharing, debriefing
10:00 PM End of the night
Please Bring (for your comfy, sexy nest):
◊ The space has some mats large sort of movers blankets. I try to set up a “soft island” like the photo above as a base. The rest are things you should bring to be extra comfy in the nest you create.
- a towel for your own personal splash zone
- a sheet or blanket
- something to cover yourself if you feel like it – a second blanket, a robe, shawl, a blindfold.
- Pillows (the space has some small throw pillows as seen in the photo above)
- Bottle of water
- your favorite lube or sex toy!
PAYMENT options: (for single events)
$20* – Pre-Pay Only
*+PayPal Fees may be incurred. I also I accept Venmo.
- Pre-pay ends 24hrs before the event.
- Full refund may be given if cancellation occurs 72 hours before the event.
- If you have to miss the event you were confirmed for, your payment can be held for a future event, good for one month away from original date.
- I do not have an easy-pay button or link because I want to connect with each attendee first. Thank you for your understanding.
Click here to apply!
Participants will receive two weeks access to the Orgasmic Yoga Institute website! That is over 25 hours of videos and teachings to give you additional inspiration to develop your solo-erotic practice! (Note this site is NSFW.)
Huge gratitude to Dr. Joseph Kramer for this amazing gift!
For more info on Orgasmic Yoga, I invite you to check out some of my writings related to OY & Sexological Bodywork:
- Orgasmic Yoga
- Practice Makes Practice: What I learned from Six Weeks of Orgasmic Yoga
- Sexological Bodywork
- WATCH: Why You Should Join Us on a 30-Day Orgasmic Yoga Journey
I invite you to get in touch with me if you have any questions.
“I thought I was there to learn about my body, and maybe I did…. But more importantly for me I realized I was experimenting with what made me feel sexy to me. I joined SPLA to further my journey to learn how to find inside myself what I historically was dependent on others for such this – feeling sexy. How do I feel sexy to me as part of my journey of self pleasure. Thank you for creating this space for each of us to further our journey.” — Q
“OY to me is a paradox: a moment simultaneously private and shared. I enjoyed the rare privilege of being welcome to express myself as a person as completely as I wished in a relaxed, caring, non-judgmental environment. In this way it can be healing.” — Gabe in LA
“Thank you for holding that safe container for everyone, Victoria, and for leading us through such a transformational practice. Your facilitation is sincere and heartfelt. I would highly recommend this offering to anyone who is ready to take a deeper look into their own sexuality. It was fantastic!!” — A.T.
“I went the first time, because… Why not support a friend’s event? But that first time was magical. Compared to what I’d do publicly at a dungeon, it was nothing, but strip away the voyeurism and exhibitionism and power exchange and it’s a totally different thing. Just pleasure. Just me. Together.” — B.B., 45, Los Angeles
“The benefit of this practice is setting aside the full length of time to be grateful, to love ourselves, and being guided with periodic reminders to do things like savoring our breath. To let ourselves sink into the experience.” A short excerpt from Sex, Drugs, Rock n Roll and a Tiara by Beverly Diehl (Yeah, I was written about in a book.)